Saturday, August 23, 2008

Worthy Opponent




My girl Susana Cardona just finished the write up, on a feature that we did, on her new blog. Worthy Opponent. Susana is such a cool lady! Sweet and down to earth, we vibed the first time we met. 

We talked for hours about Ripe, being a woman in this crazy scene and just life in general! 

SO SO RIPE 
I remember the evening I met Mizz Folsade Ologundudu--that's "Sade" for us non-Yoruba speakers. I was walking down Chrystie street, in the Lower East Side, and heading to a cooler-than-thou party of some sort, when one of my girls stopped to chat. I was introduced to Sade and was instantly captivated by what seemed to be two female figures dangling seductively from her ears! "ARE THOSE EARRINGS!?" I shrieked. "Yeah. I'm a jewelry designer. These are part of my collection." From that point on, we were destined to connect. 


After lunching with Sade, I realized that she is like the little sister I'd love to have. Although only 21 years young, Sade is one of those people who knows she has lots to learn but can still teach an old dog a thing or two. This Brooklyn native of Nigerian/Portuguese/Black American descent has carved out a space for her art and has begun to explore her limitless options. 

1 comment:

Sana said...

awwee...I love that you posted this. Hope it does something for business my dear! Many Blessings,

Sana
Worthy-Opponent