Monday, July 21, 2008

July 17th 2008.

It's sometime in the afternoon in Harlem. I walk to 145th Street to meet with Emma, a.k.a. Emmanuelle Tricoire Photography, to do a photo shoot for Germany's Style Magazine.  They want her to take a few portraits of me. Its pretty fucking hot out. Emma happens to be from Paris, and is working on a photography book rightfully titled 'New York Fucking City.' We talk about how she had just finished shooting  Oscar & Vashtie in Soho. I tell her that I have a friend staying with me who's a skater from Barcelona. She doesn't mention it at the time, but she knows my homie Louisa, who skates for Rockstar. We get to the crib and they reintroduce themselves, and all I can think is damn the world is small. We begin to shoot outside my house. Louisa comes down stairs, and my neighbor peeps us and decides to catch glimpses of the action. After we finish shooting these maintenance dudes come out a building with a fucking toilet. This guy sits with it looking tight, and starts to put gloves on. They then drag it and put it in a trash can. Luckily Emma gets it all on video. Classic. Only in Harlem! 

Peep. 





No comments: