Friday, November 9, 2007

Man O Man Gimme Some Of That!

So as you all may or may not know the Roberto Cavalli line for H&M dropped on November the 8th. I actually forgot the date for this. Not that I would have stood in line all night but still. Good to keep on the radar. So I found myself coming from the diamond district the other day, after handling some biz and I end up on on 34th street. The display window has all the advertisements for the Roberto Cavalli line and there is a huge sign saying sold out in bold red. I didn't want to believe it. I go in and sure enough, the shit was gone in a New York minute. The
guy behind the register beings to tell me how, they opened the store the day before at 10am and the shit was gone in 6 minutes. When did this become the norm? Shopping as though your life depended on it. Are we all so crazed by fashion that you resort to waiting on some line in the freezing cold for an article of clothing? Is it the fact that you may never have access to these designers otherwise? Is it wise what Target has done, in commissioning very high end exclusive designers to create lines for them? Is this really a good thing, exposing the average person to a side of fashion they couldn't normally afford? You be the judge. But I can tell you with complete honesty, I would never stand on some ridiculous line for a few pieces of leopard print. The pieces are hot, there is no denying that fact. It's what you normally expect from Roberto Cavalli. Sex, glamour, luxury, in a few words.

peep.












Mr. Cavalli & that model Jessica Stam





No comments: