Wednesday, November 7, 2007

- HIGHLY ANTICIPATED -

So right now I'm getting ready for a large photo shoot. The biggest task with this after finding a suitable model, is the focus and style of the shoot. What is the message? How well are you selling the product? And probably most important, are your ideas really conceivable? Being a jewelry designer the focus of the photos has to be about the jewelry, not the model. Capturing this is no easy task, and I've realized from being on numerous photo shoots that its harder to over see everything when its your own project that's being worked on. Sometimes for others its easy to say this is wack, or change this, or turn your head left. Whatever it is, its sometimes easier. I mean you don't wanna fuck with your baby you know? You want it to be the best thing since 14kt gold money clips (which I'm right now customizing, 5 and better, holla at me!) So as all of these things begin to come into play, I've looked at ad campaigns that I really vibe with, and general themes that I'm trying to go for. My first inspiration came from this photo for a Christian Dior ad.

peep.




This was the initial photo that I saw that I really liked. Obviously Christian Dior, selling this necklace. I saw the entire photo campaign much later, but I still dig it.











As a master in the jewelry game for many years, it should come as no surprise that I'm deeply inspired by David Yurman. His name conjures up images of luxury and beautiful craftsmanship, pictures that awe and marketing tactics that leave him in a class all on his own. Most all of his ads have helped me come up with a focus for this shoot.

peep.





Fucking Stunning! shit like this makes me feel like I cant wait til I do my shoot! that's whats supposed to happen. inspire me! make me want more! show me something beautiful and watch what I do! yeahhh baby! haha.
S.

No comments: