Wednesday, November 28, 2007

FOUR BLUNTS FOR ME TO GET HIGH

the distance between my school and job is not that far. so some days i walk it. a mere 15 blocks isn't much especially when the opportunity arises to people watch, see stores, and just enjoy the fresh air. on my latest walk i noticed this art gallery.



i have seen it before but never really took the time to pay it any mind. like most of the things that you see in new york, you just walk on by. folks got shit to do right? (please note i was gonna write niggas got shit to do, but I'm trying to stop using that word.)

no one was in there but i still had my camera and i saw some dope pieces.

i was asked tonight what kind of art it was. i wasn't too sure. but i would say contemporary graphic design, if such a thing exists.

PEEP.





this piece through me for a loop. it didn't really fit with anything else in the gallery. but as art goes, anything goes.







if you have found yourself interested in seeing this artwork the gallery is located on 20th and 7th. this is in Chelsea in case you weren't sure.



this obviously wasn't part of the gallery but it was a building i wanted to shoot during my walk. it speaks of new york to me in a very real way. the lights, the construction, imagining all the things going on around the building itself.

thank you.

SadeSoFuckingRipe!

No comments: