Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Big-Ups to the Man with the Beard.

I was browsing on Radio Rose's blog today, and came across this photo of Andre J on the cover of French Vogue.



I must admit the man has that je ne sais quoi. I've only met him once, on my way to Lotus one night. He had such a great vibe, all bubbly and fun. I see him all over the west village, dressing so amazingly I can only stare. I just googled him and he was featured in New York Magazine back in March 2007. I really liked the article they did on him. Let me show you.

In response to why he was so happy, Andre said..

"Hard work. No longer living by anyone else’s demands. I’m grown, I’m evolved, I can accept all that comes with being an individual."

I thought that was really smart. We are grown and we are all trying to evolve, to become better individuals, we all have to find that in our own ways.


When asked about his individuality Andre replied,
"In my case [it takes] trust, faith, hope, optimism, courage, wisdom, enthusiasm, and pizzazz."

Sometimes it takes alot to just be yourself. It's nice to see people pushing that to the limit. Whether in there style of dress, there lifestyle or careers.

I also have to say that Andre is the only man I have ever seen rock that down your back hair and a beard. That shit is soo pimp. :)

carpe diem.

No comments: