Sunday, February 24, 2008

NICOLE BELL IN ROCAWEAR'S "I WILL NOT LOSE" CAMPAIGN

I stumbled upon this ad campaign for Rocawear, in this months issue of Essence Magazine. I was completely elated at the site of Nicole Bell and her children.

More than anything, this ad spoke very clearly without words, of the injustice of the murder of Sean Bell and its repercussions. Just because the news isn't actively covering the trial and investigation doesn't mean that you and I, should forget about what happened to this family.

It is easy to forget. We all have lives, and things that take up our time, whether they be the physical acts of reaching goals, i.e. 'the grind,' or the mental acts of progression, i.e. 'the dreams and ambitions.' From me to you, this is a reminder to not forget Sean Bell, or his family.

It was a great move on the part of Rocawear, as a company to do this campaign. Not only from the money that Nicole Bell will definitely be receiving for it, but more because of the awareness that it blatantly suggests; to not lose and to not forget, and to not let and injustice go unseen, unheard, and unpunished.





R.I.P. Sean Bell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's Sean Bell?